It is astonishing that with a sports like hockey ,when Indian team who were 8 time Olympic gold medalists failed to even qualify for Olympics first time in 78 years and
nobody is concerns and media is relatively quite about it . It is very unfortunate for a country of1.5 billion not to even qualify for a sport that they invented . Country is so blinded with the freaking cricket euphoria that nobody cares . India is true a country of huge divides .One hand players are being flooded by money and on the other hand players and Olympic aspirants not even receive a basic training funding . How disturbing is that ..
Who is to blame to ?
- Slumpy System
- People managing sports authorities and boards .
- Common People/Spectators
- Poor Sporting infrastructure
Things we can do improve this condition
- Promote other sports at school level
- Media coverage of local sports events
- Encourage local community sports events
- one central board for all the sports so that money can be shared between sports
- Tax those freaking filthy rich cricketers .
- Add a Tax component in income tax for sports .
- Professional Marketing for other Sports at district,state and national levels.
- Extensive Media coverage to different leagues at all the levels .
What you can do at personal level to help
- Start a campaign to convince the media like the channels to cover more sports
- Start forums,blogs,social networking about discussions
- Start a funding campaign for your favorite sports
- Sponsor a child good in sports for in carrier in sports.
I just can think of these things .. Do you have any better ideas !!